fredag 16 december 2011

Perth World championships in Sailing

Hello! Long time no sea!

So what have I been up to? Well a Bachelor of Chiropractic Science is done :) and now its only 2 more years before I'm a qualified Chiropractor :) SWEET!!! My grades were excellent, even tho it felt like going through hell during the last weeks of the semester!

What else has happened? Murdoch University School of Chiropractic, has organized through FICS (Federation of international Sports Chiropractors), So we could give athletes treatment for various injuries or just check-ups. Ive been giving treatment to all the athletes (80 different nations) here in Perth during the tournament, its been very rewarding, the contacts Ive manage to preserve is totally awesome! I'm very happy with the outcome! I love treating athletes, its like tuning a race car, every thing you do in treatment is experienced straight away by the athlete!!! LOVE IT!!!! I had so many cool cases, and 2 of these will forever stick in my mind! Firstly a girl from Greece, a windsurfer. She came in to me with severe back pain, had huge trouble to even lay down, she had to call of her race and could not compete in the tournament, we at the medical center was her only hope to get back again, but she was very afraid that it was all over, all her preparations and hard work was gone.... When I saw her, and tested her out, I realized she had a hot disc problem, after the assessment and all the clinical tests, I started to give her treatment! Which was, adjustments, taping and Trigenics. The day after she was back on her board with no pain!!! I treated her 5 times more, and now I can gladly say that she qualified for the olympic games 2012 :). The Next patient is a guy from Denmark. He was a media guy, and he came in with almost the same problem as the girl, another hot disc! Gave him all my best and more or less fixed his issues! He have had disc problems before and he knows that if they are not taken care of, he is in bed for a couple of weeks! His fear was that if that happened he would not be able to work and lose a fair deal of money!!! What happened was that a couple of days later he actually manage to take the pictures of the famous sailer that got him disqualified from the tournament... Now its sad for the sport, but for the media guy its worth a huge deal of reputation and money! Now is my treatment part of this? Maybe it is, if he didn't have treatment he would probably not have been on the boat to shoot those pictures, or maybe he would have been!?? I thing is foreshore, I LOVE HELPING PEOPLE!!!


Some other random things is that I've had the privilege to set sail with the President of World federation in sailing, I got the chance to follow him during a day on the sea, his crew made it to such a good day! Free food, drinks and really close contact with sailing ;) Lets end up with some pics  
This top picture is on the President of ISAF :) and Dr Deb Nook, just outside the treatment room


Me and the crew that day, to the right of me is the Danish Sports chiropractor Anette, she is def one of the coolest chiros Ive meet! Thank you Anette for all your support!

This foto is on me and Dr Brian Nook, when he is checking out my Greece windsurfer patient! Dr Nook is just phenomenal!!!



See you all soon again!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar